The holidays are here! Perhaps you successfully avoided the Halloween candy, but with Thanksgiving and countless holiday gatherings rapidly approaching, it can be easy to get swept up in the festivities and make unhealthy choices! As Arizona’s number one CoolSculpting Elite provider, we meet with countless men and women who are focused on getting healthy and getting rid of unwanted fat, and we wouldn’t want to see their efforts get destroyed. And we get it – you want to celebrate and not feel guilty for doing so! But it’s important to remember that the choices we make when it comes to food and drinks during the holidays can have a lasting impact on our health and wellness!
At Bodify, we care about the health of all of our clients, and we love to help people look better and feel better. Overall, most of our clients are actually committed to healthy lifestyles, but we know how easy it is to get a bit off track during the holidays. So, here are some of our tips for staying healthy during the holiday season!
Looking to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss? CoolSculpting Elite Can Help
Before we get into some of our tips for making healthy choices this holiday season, why not consider jumpstarting your weight loss efforts with an investment in CoolSculpting Elite at Bodify? Of course, it should be noted that CoolSculpting Elite is not a weight loss treatment. It does, however, result in a more contoured look where treated and gets rid of unwanted fat cells – for good. The basic science behind the technology is that fat cells don’t like cold temperatures, so when you come in for a fat-freezing session at Bodify, we’ll freeze them away leaving the treated area with a visible reduction in fat! Our experience has shown us that men and women who invest in the revolutionary fat-freezing, body-contouring technology that is CoolSculpting Elite don’t want to sabotage their investment by eating unhealthily and putting fat back on. So, why not book a complimentary consultation to discuss your goals and how you get started on looking and feeling your best?
Staying Healthy During the Holiday Season
Alright, as we approach the holidays, obviously, it’s the season for family, friends, festivities, and food.. Lots of food! There are temptations everywhere, and the holiday season lasts for weeks. What’s the harm in indulging? Well, according to the Harvard Health Blog, “By eating just 200 extra calories a day — a piece of pecan pie and a tumbler of eggnog here, a couple latkes and some butter cookies there — you could pack on two to three pounds over this five- to six-week period. That doesn’t sound like much, except few people shed that extra weight in the following months and years.” Yikes!
But that doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself. Just be smart about your choices!
- Eat before you go. Before you head out to dinner or to a party, eat small regular meals throughout the day, and try to eat a nutritious snack before you go. Good pre-party snacks combine complex carbohydrates with protein and unsaturated fat like a slice of turkey and cheese on whole-wheat bread, or apple slices with peanut butter.
- Drink lots of water! Water is essential! And you need lots of it! Not only is water necessary for your overall health (and is essential for keeping your immune system strong), water helps you feel full and aids digestion. So, chug-chug-chug that H2O! Carry a reusable water bottle around with you, and 30 minutes before it’s time to eat, drink 8-16oz of water.
- Focus on produce! When you find yourself confronted with choices, load up on fruits and vegetables. Veggie and fruit trays are a much better option for snacking than chips and cookies, so head for the produce and salad options first. And when it comes to vegetable side dishes, be wary of ones slathered in fatty or sugary sauces. If you’re cooking the holiday meal, try roasting veggies lightly tossed in olive oil, garlic, and sea salt for a light, crispy, healthy side dish.
- Wait 10 minutes before you go for seconds. After you’ve eaten your plate full of healthy choices, wait ten minutes before you go back for more. That ten minutes will give your brain time to tell your stomach that you’re full. Drink some water, make conversation, and then recheck your appetite. Often, you will realize you’re full.
- Lighten up your recipes. You can reduce fat and calories without reducing taste with some of these substitutions.
- Replace an egg with 2 egg whites when baking.
- Instead of oil or butter, substitute applesauce.
- Instead of mayo, use reduced-fat Greek yogurt.
- Use fat-free versions of creamy ingredients such as sour cream, whipped cream, or yogurt
- In casseroles, use reduced fat cheeses. You can also go for smaller amounts of strongly-flavored cheeses like parmesan or gruyere-a little goes a long way!
- Limit the cocktails. When you drink alcohol, your appetite increases, and your good judgement diminishes. Plus, alcoholic drinks are often full of sugar and calories (that you could enjoy on food options instead!). Wine, beer, and mixed drinks range from 150 to 225 calories. Alternate low calorie alcohol drinks with lots of water throughout the evening, and be mindful of how much you’re consuming on those empty calories.
- Pay attention to what really matters. The past year and a half has been unlike any other. If you’re lucky enough to be healthy and surrounded by loved ones this holiday season, focus on the laughter and cheer you get to share with your loved ones. Indulge a bit (goodness knows, we’ve all earned it!), but don’t overdo it.
Bodify Is Arizona’s Number One CoolSculpting Elite Provider
At Bodify, we are truly proud to be able to help our clients look their best so they feel their best, and we are proud to have performed more CoolSculpting treatments than any other CoolSculpting Elite provider in Arizona. Get in touch with us today so we can answer your questions about whether our fat-freezing technology can help you be more confident!