Hard to believe this unprecedented year is finally coming to an end, and it’s time to sit down and reflect on the year and put goals in place for the New Year. As the Phoenix CoolSculpting experts, we are no strangers to goal-setting and New Year’s Resolutions. At Bodify, most of our clients lead active, healthy lives and aren’t strangers to overcoming challenges.
We know that this year has been full of challenges, and many men and women are still struggling with weight gained during quarantine. Some of the most common resolutions made to kick off the New Year include losing weight, sticking to a healthier diet, exercising regularly, paying off debt and saving, and spending more time with loved ones. Given that we care about our clients looking and feeling their best year ‘round, we thought it would be helpful to share some tips on how to keep your New Year’s Resolutions.
Tips to Stick to Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Choose a Specific Goal. Often, people choose broad goals like “lose weight” or “get in shape” when faced with the New Year as a new opportunity to make changes. Instead of selecting such an ambiguous goal, people who set very specific and concrete goals are likely to be more successful. For example, commit to losing 10 pounds within a certain time frame or commit to hitting the 10,000 step goal every day.
- Be Realistic! Just like your goal should be specific, it should also be realistic. Taking on too much all at once can be intimidating and it can be particularly daunting because establishing new behavioral patterns takes time and sustained effort. Focusing yourself on one specific goal makes keeping a resolution much more achievable. To claim you’re going to lose 100 pounds in 2 months is not realistic, and will lead to disappointment and deter you from making other goals for yourself. If your big goal really is 100 pounds, scale it down into smaller chunks. Which leads us to our next tip…
- Create and Celebrate Milestones. With any large goal, it’s a smart idea to break it up by creating milestones. As the saying goes: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. By setting up milestones, you can create those “bites” that help you achieve the larger goal. When you write down your New Year’s resolutions, it’s fine to have an overarching goal. But if it’s larger, create mini goals as well. If you do have a weight-loss goal, break it down into smaller chunks and celebrate each milestone you reach! And once you reach your final weight loss goal, consider treating yourself to a CoolSculpting session to tone up!
- Track Results. It should come as no surprise that what gets measured improves. As you create your New Year’s resolutions, give yourself a way to track what you’re working towards. Tracking can be as easy as keeping a journal. There are also numerous apps that will help you track activities, food, budgets, or anything else you want to keep tabs on. When you set your goals, you’ll have numbers attached, and watching those numbers change through tracking will keep you moving forward.
- Put Time into Planning. Choose your resolution wisely, and then extensively research and plan how to best achieve your goal. A critical component to planning many overlook is: When things get difficult, what strategies will you use to stay on the path toward making your resolution a reality? If you begin working toward a goal without a plan in place, you may quickly give up whenever presented with an obstacle or setback. If your goal is to run three times a week, what will you do if you miss four days in a row because of an unexpected illness or injury?
Bodify Is Here to Support You in Your Goals
If your New Year’s Resolutions center around looking better and feeling more confident, the team at Bodify can help. Our amazing fat-freezing technology is not a weight-loss solution, but can definitely help those close to their goal weight target their trouble spots. We’d love to have you in for a free consultation, without pressure of course, so we can walk you through the process and see if CoolSculpting is a fit for you!