If you’re researching options for reducing fat and body contouring, some important questions you should be asking is: “Is it safe? What are the side effects?” At Bodify, we are expert CoolSculpting Elite providers (it’s all we do!), and we love it for many reasons, but mainly because it’s a safe and effective way to get real results! We’ve performed thousands of CoolSculpting treatments over the years (more so than any other provider in Arizona), and we truly feel blessed to be trusted with making men and women in the Phoenix area look their best and feel more confident. If you’ve visited one of our two Valley locations, you know we take our responsibility for all of our client’s safety seriously, and we strive to always be honest and transparent about any possible risks! Even though we know CoolSculpting Elite is one of the safest fat-reduction technologies available because it’s non-surgical and non-invasive, let’s talk about the rare side effects and risks associated with CoolSculpting Elite.
What are the Side Effects of CoolSculpting Elite?
There is little doubt that CoolSculpting Elite is one of the safest, most non-invasive types of fat-reduction available that has very little overall risk. CoolSculpting Elite does not involve any needles, cutting into the skin, tissue manipulation, or anesthesia, so treatments are incredibly more safe when compared to surgical options like liposuction. During a fat-freezing session, many clients report feeling a mild tugging sensation where the skin is placed between the controlled cooling applicator’s paddles, and some report mild tingling as the treated area gets “frozen” and becomes numb. Truthfully though, most of the men and women who come see us at Bodify to freeze their fat equate their treatments to a trip to the spa, and they use the time to scroll their phones, read, or even snooze.
Following treatment, typical side effects can include temporary redness, swelling, blanching, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging, tenderness, cramping, aching, itching, or skin sensitivity, and sensation of fullness in the back of the throat after submental or submandibular area treatment. However, there is little to no downtime, and most of our clients actually benefit from quickly resuming their normal activities following a CoolSculpting Elite session, including light to moderate exercise!
Who is an Ideal CoolSculpting Elite Candidate?
With 9 FDA-Clearances, CoolSculpting Elite is considered a safe, effective way to reduce the number of fat cells in a small targeted area. However, it is not considered a weight loss treatment, and therefore not recommended to treat obesity. Ideal candidates are usually within 5-40 pounds of their ideal weight for their height. If you’re curious if you’re a candidate – you can start by answering a few simple questions on our Fat Reduction Survey: Am I A Candidate for CoolSculpting?
The team at Bodify has years of experience performing CoolSculpting treatments, and will always be honest with you about whether you’re an ideal candidate. Likewise, it’s important to be honest with us about your full medical history and if you have any of the following conditions, which may impact whether or not you’re an ideal CoolSculpting Elite candidate:
- Cryoglobulinemia, a disorder where proteins that usually only increase in response to cold are in abnormally high concentrations
- Cold Agglutinin Disease, an autoimmune condition where temperature change kills red blood cells
- Paroxysmal Cold Hemoglobinuria, a condition where red blood cells die in response to temperature change
- Raynaud’s disease, a disease which causes some areas of the body to feel cold and numb in cold temperatures or when stressed
- Chilblains, a painful inflammation of small blood vessels in your skin that occur in response to repeated exposure to cold but not freezing air
- reduced circulation or skin sensation at the treatment area
- nerve conditions, such as diabetic neuropathy or nerve damage.
The above list isn’t meant to be all-inclusive, which is why it’s important to be open and honest with your Bodify team during your consultation about your medical history and goals!
CoolSculpting Elite has Countless Positive Benefits!
For most people, CoolSculpting Elite is a low-risk treatment option to reduce stubborn fat by freezing fat cells in the treated area and then allowing your body to naturally expel those frozen, dead fat cells from your system! To sum up, here are a few of the positive benefits of CoolSculpting Elite:
- The skin is not broken nor compromised, removing most of the risk of complications, such as infection and scarring.
- There are few reported adverse outcomes or reactions.
- There is no need to take time off from work or everyday activities following treatment.
- The results look natural, as they develop gradually in the weeks following your session.
- It can help people who are at a healthy weight or who have lost weight but still have excess fat in particular areas.
- There is less risk of regaining weight and results are long-lasting because fat cells are actually destroyed and removed from the body.
- There is no sagging, excess skin following CoolSculpting Elite, and the risk of skin dimpling or bumps is low because fat cells are destroyed evenly across a patch of skin.
Bodify, The Best CoolSculpting Elite Provider in Phoenix
At Bodify, we have two amazing locations, and we have a team of experienced, compassionate professionals waiting to answer all of your questions! Get in touch today to set up a free consultation and you’ll be well on your way to feeling the confidence you deserve!